Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Zone 7 December/January Winter Garden!

 December/January Zone 7 Garden:

I'm so excited!  My September and October seeds are up!!!  It's New Year's Weekend!!!

Green and red leaf lettuce and purple cabbage!!!


Romaine!!!


Green Chard!!!


Red Chard and parsley!!!


Spicy Mustard Greens!   I'm so excited to have greens all winter long!!!!


Kale and garlic!


Red Russian Kale, cilantro, carrots, and more lettuce :-)


I just made an amazing salad!!!



I'm so excited, I planted more spinach, radishes and beets!!! It’s over 60 degrees in January!!!  Okay  It's going to be the best winter vegetable garden EVER!!!!









And...   



then....



 it snowed....





Welcome to Zone 7…



Cold tunnels to be installed...  soon...

2 comments:

  1. The snow will protect greens from teens level cold, experienced Tuesday and returning Saturday and next Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use heavy blue tarps to protect broccoli and maybe collards. Brussels sprouts are usually hardy in zone 7 but recent extreme warmth has compromised this and i am worried about them too. A huge crop is almost ready

    ReplyDelete

Mulberry Recipe Collection

  Jams and Jellies Mulberry Lavender Jam Mulberry jam recipe – simple, quick & delicious recipe Mulberry Preserves Mulberry-Strawberry F...